OFFICIAL KMVA – HOT 97.5/103.9 vacation and tickets to the Disneyland® Resort Contest Rules
By participating in a contest on KMVA – Hot 97.5/103.9 and/or its website, entrants agree to the specific rules, terms and conditions provided for that particular contest as stated, either in addition to or in place of the Official General Contest Rules given here.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. This Contest is open only to individuals (“Entrants”) who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia that are or will be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. If you are not a permanent resident of the United States or you are not the required age as of time of entry, you are not eligible to participate in this Contest or to win a prize. Void outside participating Station’s Total Market Area (TMA) and where prohibited or restricted by law.
Riviera Broadcasting, LLC., will conduct its promotional contests substantially as described in
the official contest rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. Description of Contest/Participation.
A. Dates of Contest: Contest will begin on or about April 4th, 2016 at 7:00am Arizona Time and end on or about April 29th, 2016 at 7:00pm Arizona Time (“Contest Period”).
B. How to Enter KMVA –During the first 2 week of giveaways April 11th, 2016- April 22nd, 2016 Hot 97.5/103.9 will announce a different Disney character at 7am, 12pm and 4pm. At 5pm, the listeners will receive a cue to call in and read back the correct Disney Characters, for that day, to win a family 4 pack of Disneyland Resort 2 Day, 1 Park Tickets. Prize is detailed below:
- Up to four (4) Disneyland Resort Park 2-Day 1-Park per day Disneyland® Resort Tickets. Park tickets are valid for admission to Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park, but not to both Parks on the same day (subject to restrictions). Certain restrictions shall apply to the Vacation Package, which restrictions shall be determined by Disney in its sole and absolute discretion.
During the last week of the promotion April 25th, 2016 to April 29th, 2016, Hot 97.5/103.9 will announce a different Disney character at 7am, 12pm and 4pm. At 5pm, the listeners will receive a cue to call in and read back the correct Disney Characters, for that day, to win a Disneyland Resort Vacation. These winners will receive the prize as detailed below:
- One (1) Vacation Package for up to four (4) persons to the Disneyland® Resort valued at $1440.00 (“Vacation Package”). The vacation package will include: (i) room accommodations consisting of one (1) standard room (with a maximum of four (4) persons per room) for two (2) consecutive nights at a Disneyland Resort Hotel or nearby area hotel as selected by Disney at its sole discretion, (ii) Up to four (4) Disneyland Resort Park 3-Day 1-Park per day Disneyland® Resort Tickets. Park tickets are valid for admission to Disneyland® Park or Disney California Adventure® Park, but not to both Parks on the same day (subject to restrictions). Certain restrictions shall apply to the Vacation Package, which restrictions shall be determined by Disney in its sole and absolute discretion.
2. Prize(s). No more than the advertised number of prizes shall be awarded. The prize is awarded if properly claimed according to the Rules and if there are sufficient eligible entries. Station does not make, and is not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. All other costs and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of winner(s). If the winner is disqualified or is found to be ineligible for the contest, Riviera Broadcasting reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award the prize, at its sole discretion. The prize that may be awarded to the eligible winner is:
Ten (10) winners will receive:
- Up to four (4) Disneyland Resort Park 2-Day 1-Park per day Disneyland® Resort Tickets. Park tickets are valid for admission to Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure® Park, but not to both Parks on the same day (subject to restrictions). Certain restrictions shall apply to the Vacation Package, which restrictions shall be determined by Disney in its sole and absolute discretion. Tickets expire September 30, 2016.
Five (2) Disneyland Vacation winners will receive:
- One (1) Vacation Package for up to four (4) persons at the Disneyland® Resort valued at $1440.00 (“Vacation Package”). The vacation package will include: (i) room accommodations consisting of one (1) standard room (with a maximum of four (4) persons per room) for two (2) consecutive nights at a Disneyland® Resort Hotel or nearby area hotel as selected by Disney at its sole discretion, (ii) Up to four (4) Disneyland® Resort Park 3-Day 1-Park per day Disneyland® Resort Tickets. Park tickets are valid for admission to Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure® Park, but not to both Parks on the same day (subject to restrictions). Certain restrictions shall apply to the Vacation Package, which restrictions shall be determined by Disney in its sole and absolute discretion. Each winner and his/her guests must travel together on the same itinerary. Advanced reservations are required. The Vacation Package shall not include the following: airfare, airport departure fees and taxes; travel insurance; hotel room service; parking fees; laundry service; food; alcoholic beverages; merchandise, souvenirs, etc.; local and long distance telephone calls; tips, gratuities, service charges, resort fees or taxes; or all other charges not explicitly included in the package described above. The Vacation Package (and all elements thereof) may not be sold, redeemed for cash, traded, transferred or rescheduled, except in Disney’s sole and absolute discretion. All prizes are provided by Disney Destinations. Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize: $1440.00. All prizes provided by Disney Destinations.
a) Travel for the Vacation Package must be complete September 30th, 2016 and the winner and his/her guests must travel
together on the same itinerary.
b) Vacation Package fulfillment is subject to certain restrictions and is subject to hotel availability at the Disneyland®
Resort. Advanced reservations required.
c) Winner must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to enter and win. Travelers under the age of eighteen (18) must
be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian and must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
d) Vacation Package, Vacation Package components and Tickets may not be sold, redeemed for cash, traded,
transferred, or rescheduled to dates other than as set forth above. Vacation Package components may not be
e) Certain travel restrictions apply.
f) Promoter is the sole Sponsor of the Sweepstakes..
g) Disney, its parent, subsidiary, related and affiliated companies and their respective officers, directors, employees
and agents shall be released and discharged from any and all legal claims, losses, injuries, demands, damages,
actions and/or causes of actions which arise out of and/or in any way related to the prize, the receipt, use and/or
enjoyment of the prize and/or the Promotion.
ELIGIBILITY AND ODDS OF WINNING
No purchases necessary to enter. Purchase will not improve chances of winning. Contests are open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older (unless otherwise specified), except employees of KMVA – Hot 97.5/103.9, Riviera Broadcasting, affiliates, subsidiaries, and successor companies, contest sponsors, advertising and promotion agencies, contest prize suppliers, participating advertisers and immediate family members of anyone so situated. “Immediate family members” shall include spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws”, or by current or past marriage, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other familial extension, and any other persons residing at the same household location, whether or not related. If minors are permitted to participate in the contest, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor at the time of entry must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, and KMVA – Hot 97.5/103.9 reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of a minor.
RESTRICTIONS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
One entry per person. One winner per household. Void where prohibited by law. Listeners may only win or qualify to win once every thirty (30) days. KMVA – Hot 97.5/103.9 reserves the right to extend the thirty (30) day rule to the length of any specific contest. KMVA – Hot 97.5/103.9 reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any kind. The decision of KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9 is final. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9, Riviera Broadcasting, their subsidiaries and affiliates, their officers, directors, agents, stockholders, insurers, and employees, and their advertising and promotional agencies and sponsors assume no responsibility or liability whatsoever for damages, loss or injury resulting from participating in any contest or acceptance or use of any prize. In consideration of participation in a contest, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, the Entrant, on Entrant’s behalf, and on behalf of Entrant’s heirs, successors or assigns, administrators and personal representatives, does hereby COVENANT NOT TO SUE, FULLY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE (i) KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9, (ii) Riviera Broadcasting, and each of their respective direct and indirect subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and related entities, (iii) each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, insurers, attorneys, shareholders and representatives, and (iv) each predecessor, successor, and assign thereof, from and against any and all actions, charges, claims, losses, costs, damages, expenses (including attorneys’ fees and expenses) and liabilities of any kind or character, whether known or unknown, in connection with, arising out of or in any way related to Entrant’s participation in any contest.
If a contest accepts telephone entries, KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9 and sponsors are not responsible for the inability of caller to complete the call during the call-in portion of the contest whether due to telephone equipment malfunctions; disconnections; busy lines; faulty, mistranscribed, misdirected, or misdialed telephone communications; or other circumstances. Only calls to the designated telephone number will be eligible to win.
FAX AND MAIL ENTRIES
If a contest accepts fax or mail entries (postal or electronic), KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9 and its sponsors are not responsible for the late, misdirected, lost, misplaced, illegible, mutilated or postage-due entries for any reason, including electronic or computer malfunctions that may affect the delivery or content of the entry, nor are they liable for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or hardware related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the contest.
Prizes are specified within individual contest rules. Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable. No substitution or cash equivalent will be made. KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9 reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the awarded prize in unavailable for any reason. If tickets to a performance are awarded as a prize, KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9 is not responsible for any cancellation or rescheduling of the performance for any reason and has no obligation to reimburse, refund or otherwise substitute the tickets for another prize should the performance not be rescheduled or vouchers not issued. Furthermore, KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9 is not responsible for cancellations or delays in travel accommodations and has no obligation to reimburse, refund or otherwise substitute any tickets awarded as a part of a travel prize due to such cancellations or delays.
HOW TO CLAIM PRIZE
Winners will be selected as described in the specific rules of each contest. Winners agree to appear at KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9’s studios to claim the prize, unless alternate arrangements are acceptable to the KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9 promotions department. KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9’s address is 4745 N. 7th Street Suite 410, Phoenix, AZ 85014 and prizes may only be claimed between the hours of 8:30am-5:30pm Monday through Friday. In the event that a prize is mailed to the winner, pursuant to winner’s prior written consent, winner assumes the risk of the prize’s safe arrival. Winners must provide proof of age, photo identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. The only accepted types of photo identification are government issued photo identifications, including a valid driver’s license or United States passport. KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9 reserves the right to deny awarding the prize if the winner fails to provide satisfactory identification, as determined in KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9’s sole discretion. In addition, winners agree to execute an affidavit of eligibility, indemnification and release of liability before any prize is awarded. If the prize is travel tickets, travel partners, if any, must meet age eligibility requirements and must also execute an affidavit of eligibility, indemnification and release of liability prior to awarding the prize. Failure to execute any of these documents or comply with any of the terms will result in forfeiture of the prize. Winners have thirty (30) days from the date their name is first announced on the air, or by other disclosed mode of public dissemination, to claim and pick up their prize. Failure to claim and pick up prize within this time for any reason will result in forfeiture of the prize. KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award unclaimed prizes to alternate contestants or not to award the unclaimed prizes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All federal, state and local taxes (including any sales taxes) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prior to the delivery of any prize, KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9 reserves the right to collect from the winner any taxes it deems appropriate. Any person winning over $600 in prizes during any one year period will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. Any additional costs relating to the prizes, and incurred as a result of accepting the prizes, is the sole responsibility of the winner.
DISQUALIFICATION AND PENALTIES
All participants agree to be bound by these rules. KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9, in its sole discretion, further reserves the right to disqualify any person for (i) violating any of these rules, (ii) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9 website, (iii) gaining an unfair advantage in participating in the contest, (iv) obtaining winner status using fraudulent means, or (v) engaging in otherwise unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing, or threatening behavior. Furthermore, any resale or auction or attempt to resell or auction of KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9 complimentary prizes, if any, will result in disqualification for all future KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9 contests. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9 RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Unless prohibited by law, participation constitutes permission for KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9, Riviera Broadcasting and contest sponsors, without any further obligation to the contest participant, to use participant’s name, voice, biographical data and likeness for promotional purposes.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These rules apply to all KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9 sponsored contests unless modified or superseded by rules written for a specific contest, or if inapplicable for such a promotion or contest. In the event any specific contest rule conflicts with any of the general rules provided above, the specific contest rules prevail. KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9 reserves the right in its sole discretion to supplement or make changes to the rules of any contest at any time without notice. KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9 reserves the right in its sole discretion to interpret the rules of any contest, and such interpretation shall be binding upon all participants. KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9 shall not be responsible for any administrative errors involved in the execution of any contest. Copies of the Official Rules for any contest may also be attained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope with the identity of the contest inquiry to: KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9 4745 N. 7th Street Suite 410, Phoenix, AZ, 85014. For a list of contest winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to KMVA Hot 97.5/103.9, Winners List, 4745 N. 7th Street Suite 410, Phoenix, AZ, 85014 and include the name of the contest.