Riviera Broadcasting (Hot 97.5/103.9, Power 98.3/96.1 & The Oasis 95.1/94.9) is seeking a high-energy individual to join the team. As a Promotions Coordinator you will help engage the audience and build client loyalty for our three music stations in Phoenix, Arizona. Duties involve planning, implementing and assisting in the coordination of all promotional activities as they relate to product and sales fulfillment on-air and online. You will be an effective team member and assist in assuring the Promotions Department makes its full contribution to achieve established goals and objectives. If you love music, executing events and engaging social media this may be the job for you!
As the Promotions Coordinator, you will help move the music stations as we continue to grow and evolve.
Your responsibilities may include the following:
- Responsible for all street presence: this includes scheduling of all Promotion Assistants for station(s) events and maintaining accurate calendars for events/promotions on station(s) web sites, mobile apps and social networks
- Attend all major events and act as the liaison between sales/programming/promotions and promoters/talent/bands coordinating communication and deliverables (meet and greets, interviews, etc.)
- Scheduling prizes & live liners in Promo suite
- Maintain and distribute premiums (prizes) inventory
- Supervise and coach promotional staff to maintain and enhance on-street presence across the cluster
- Energetic individual with a passion for music
- Experience with marketing, particularly in social media
- Creative experience in successfully building and executing salespromotions
- Prefer previous experience in broadcasting or related business
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written presentation
- Creative writing and ideation
- Proven ability be a self-starter and initiate and work independently, if necessary, and operate effectively under high-pressure, time-sensitive situations
- High school education or equivalent
- Project a pleasant, energetic, businesslike image while representing the company
- Work effectively with the public, clients, hosts, and other employees
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Capable and willing to resolve unexpected problems and be flexible to perform unscheduled assignments
- Maintain a valid driver’s license with proven ability to safely drive personal vehicle without exposing company to liability risksPhysical Demands:
Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively
Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination
Lift, move, and carry up to 50 pounds consistently
Riviera Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Assists Programming and Sales in various functions as needed. This includes but is not limited to: planning, setting up and staffing events; maintenance of all on-site promotional equipment and supplies, including station vehicles, tents, generators, broadcast equipment, and all other promotional accessories; contesting assistance and special assignments.
Must be 18 years or older, outgoing, organized and a dependable team player with a good driving record. Must be proficient in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and the Microsoft Office Suite. Must be able to work a flexible schedule (including weekends and evening events) Ability to lift objects in excess of 50lbs required.
Riviera Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Riviera Broadcasting participates in E-Verify and complies with all right to work laws.
Riviera Broadcasting is looking for highly motivated, high energy,outgoing individuals today…..
As a promotions intern, you will learn th e general functions of the promotions sector of a radio station. We are looking for students who are interested in a learning opportunity; where they can extend Radio Broadcasting education beyond the classroom while gaining valuable experience in the industry.
The internship will cover a quarter/semester period of approximately twenty (20) hours per week, with a schedule to be arranged by the intern, and the intern coordinator.
Promotions Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet and greet the public at station events and interact with station clientele.
- Assist in preparing, setting up and implementing projects from start to finish.
- Project examples are: concerts, remotes, direct marketing and cross promotions with other media facets (TV and print)
- Research: target marketing and demographics
- Writing and sending out Press Releases
- Analysis, creation and implementation of promotional events
- Some administrative duties including phone, filing, data entry and general coordination of promotions related projects
- Other duties as assigned by the Pro motion Director.
- Need to be registered at a university, college, community college, or vocational technical institut e
- Must be in good academic standing and at least 18 years of age.
- Possess qualities of organization, able to meet deadlines, se lf starter, and proven ability to be precise and accurate. Work effectively in a team environment.
- Work in compliance with company policies and procedures including internship policies.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rap port with s taff, management, and clients.
- Project professionalism in appearance and demeanor.
- Persons participating in the Riviera Broadcasting Radio internship need to understand that no guarantees are given for future employment.
- Riviera Broadcasting may te rminate internship at an y time.
- Final selection of interns rests with Riviera Broadcasting.
- Riviera Broadcasting may te rminate internship at any time.
Riviera Broadcasting is looking for experienced sales professionals to develop and sell advertising and marketing campaigns to new and existing clients and business owners.
Responsibilities include soliciting new business through prospecting and cold calling, managing and growing existing accounts, working with clients’ on their advertising needs while developing and presenting customized advertising solutions. These individuals are also held accountable for achiev ing sales budgets and collecting on the accounts.
All candidates must possess :
*A high school diploma or GED; a college degree is preferred;
* A minimum of 2 years of experience in sales/marketing; previous media sales experience is preferred.
*A basic knowledge of MS Office products in a Windows environment;
*A valid driver license with appropriate insurance and a vehicle is required.
Desired Skills & Experience
Required Skills/Experience: Successful candidates must possess exceptional communication, presentation, and negotiation skills. They must be self – motivated, goal – driven and creative, with the ability to multi – task in a fast – paced environment.
As a digital intern, you will learn the general functions of the digital sector of a radio broadcast station. We are looking for students who are interested in a learning opportunity; where they can extend education beyond the classroom while gaining valuable experience in the industry.
As an intern, you will also be able to learn the different aspects and logistics of radio, and how everything comes together. You will have the opportunity to work with other departments within the station such as programming , sales and promotions.
- Digital editing skills
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Sony Vegas, Premiere, After Effects or Final Cut Pro Adobe Suite)
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Experience with operating professional video equipment and sound equipment
- Knowledge of DSLR Camera’s
- Knowledge of Lighting
- Eye for artistry, detail and storytelling clarity
- Ability to take direction from Director to fulfill their vision of the final product
- Knowledge of pre-production, production, post-production and delivery methods
- Willing to take feedback openly with a positive attitude, while also being willing and able to provide creative solutions
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsibility’s Load required equipment for scheduled shootHelp digital team unload and build setsEdit video based on template or script providedAssist producers and creative team in pre-production and productionWork with digital team and creative individuals (Jocks) to produce high-quality visual contentMust be comfortable with directing people. Creative. Willing to work with others on the same creative project with ability to cooperate.Edit interviews, commercials, event footage, promo videos, and other duties as assigned
Capture photos at station events
Create motion graphics, bumpers, and lower thirds.
Operate professional portable video equipment and professional editing equipment
- Click here to apply for Digital Internship
*Riviera Broadcasting, an equal opportunity employer, is dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding job vacancies at the station. We seek the help of local Community Organizations in referring qualified applicants to our station. Community organizations that wish to receive our vacancy information should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 602-648-9800. In addition all listeners are encouraged to visit our online listing of job openings.