National Sales Manager
Riviera Broadcasting is looking for a National Sales Manager (NSM) to direct the national sales efforts for Riviera’s three Phoenix stations – Hot 97.5/103.9, Power 98.3/96.1, and 95.1/94.9 The Oasis. Primary responsibilities include building, maintaining, and leading an effective national sales effort to maximize revenue share and ensure Riviera stations achieve and/or exceed national revenue goals. The NSM maintains the overall relationship with national agencies and rep firms, and is responsible for creating value, building rapport, and ensuring positive client engagement. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of presenting conceptual sales/marketing plans to national rep firm(s). Naturally engaging, the ideal candidate demonstrates a high level of interpersonal, communication, persuasion, and presentation skills that enable them to cultivate outstanding relationships and motivate sales opportunities. He/she demonstrates excellent problem-solving abilities, and uses his/her analytical and critical thinking skills to provide aggressive, enthusiastic, and positive perspectives to business challenges and opportunities. Additionally, he/she can expertly present qualitative and quantitative data that positively positions the Riviera brands/stations. He/she is a team player with a superior work ethic and a positive and optimistic attitude. They are effective at gathering – and internally communicating – details and expectations of all sales activities. The ideal candidate fully supports the company’s mission, commitments, core values, and maintains the highest level of integrity, ethics, and professionalism in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to work effectively with management to design and implement national sales budgets and strategies and live within approved budges
- Meet and exceed strategic objectives to grow national business, exceed national budget requirements, and ensure Riviera maximizes share of national business in the market
- Work with national agencies and rep firms, providing rates, packages, and station/market information in a timely manner
- Prospect, network, develop relationships, and initiate new business
- Accurately identify and forecast national sales opportunities
- Develop and present national sales proposals and presentations
- Obtain, analyze, and present technical information, including Nielsen quantitative and qualitative data, that positively positions the Riviera stations/brands
- Maintain effective ongoing communicaitons with the VP of Sales and each brand’s General Sales Manager (i.e. national activity, pricing, market conditions and rep performance)
- Establish, maintain, and develop relationships with buyers and key contacts of national agencies, rep firms, and advertisers
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- As needed, recruit, hire, mentor, and develop all members of the national sales team to maximize productivity, growth, and retention; manage annual performance appraisals
- Work in compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Positively represent Riviera Broadcasting at client functions and in the community/marketplace
- Ensures outstanding levels of customer service, internally and externally
- Perform any and all other assigned duties in professional and acceptable manner.
- Builds Trust and Loyalty
- Communicates Articulately
- Creates Value
- Critical Thinker
- Delivers Compelling Presentations
- Demonstrates Flexibility/Resilience
- Develops and Maintains Relationships
- Embodies Organizational Image
- Enjoys Networking and Prospecting
- Establishes Credibility
- Exudes Confidence
- Listens Actively
- Persuades and Influences
- Seizes Opportunities
- Minimum of 5 years of radio sales experience, with a proven track record of success. National sales experience is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office programs, and knowledge of CRM software (Efficio) and Marketron
- Ability to travel (6-8 overnight trips per year)
- Willing to work in a smoke-free environment
Riviera Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click the following link to apply https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=RBRADIO&ccId=1184667784_3075&type=MP&lang=en_US
Assists Programming and Sales in various functions as needed. This includes but is not limited to: planning, setting up and staffing events; maintenance of all on-site promotional equipment and supplies, including station vehicles, tents, generators, broadcast equipment, and all other promotional accessories; contesting assistance and special assignments.
Must be 18 years or older, outgoing, organized and a dependable team player with a good driving record. Must be proficient in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and the Microsoft Office Suite. Must be able to work a flexible schedule (including weekends and evening events) Ability to lift objects in excess of 50lbs required.
Riviera Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Riviera Broadcasting participates in E-Verify and complies with all right to work laws.
Riviera Broadcasting is looking for highly motivated, high energy,outgoing individuals today…..
As a promotions intern, you will learn th e general functions of the promotions sector of a radio station. We are looking for students who are interested in a learning opportunity; where they can extend Radio Broadcasting education beyond the classroom while gaining valuable experience in the industry.
The internship will cover a quarter/semester period of approximately twenty (20) hours per week, with a schedule to be arranged by the intern, and the intern coordinator.
Promotions Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet and greet the public at station events and interact with station clientele.
- Assist in preparing, setting up and implementing projects from start to finish.
- Project examples are: concerts, remotes, direct marketing and cross promotions with other media facets (TV and print)
- Research: target marketing and demographics
- Writing and sending out Press Releases
- Analysis, creation and implementation of promotional events
- Some administrative duties including phone, filing, data entry and general coordination of promotions related projects
- Other duties as assigned by the Pro motion Director.
- Need to be registered at a university, college, community college, or vocational technical institut e
- Must be in good academic standing and at least 18 years of age.
- Possess qualities of organization, able to meet deadlines, se lf starter, and proven ability to be precise and accurate. Work effectively in a team environment.
- Work in compliance with company policies and procedures including internship policies.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rap port with s taff, management, and clients.
- Project professionalism in appearance and demeanor.
- Persons participating in the Riviera Broadcasting Radio internship need to understand that no guarantees are given for future employment.
- Riviera Broadcasting may te rminate internship at an y time.
- Final selection of interns rests with Riviera Broadcasting.
- Riviera Broadcasting may te rminate internship at any time.
MEDIA ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE MAJOR MARKET
Riviera Broadcasting is a well-respected, privately -owned and operated media company is hiring experienced media sellers for its multi-platform cluster. If you are frustrated with corporate push down, waiting on decisions and the inability to move quickly, this position should be considered. Broadcast, digital, events, video capabilities, mobile and web platforms are all available to you as you create custom programs for advertising partners.
The ideal candidates will excel at presenting conceptual marketing plans to local, direct decision makers, utilizing both traditional concepts as well as evolving and expanding digital offerings. Candidates will have excellent prospecting skills, enjoy relationship building and be superb problem-solvers. We are looking for someone who is creative, tenacious, ethical and motivated to get results that will help our local businesses grow their business.
- Develops and maintains relationships: Builds and maintains relationships with other individuals or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Seizes opportunities: Is proactive and takes initiative and ownership for success.
- Persuades and influences: Effective at persuading others to change their mind or alter behavior.
- Demonstrate flexibility/resilience: Adapt to and work effectively with a variety of situations, individuals, or groups. Adapt approaches as the requirements of a situation change. Manage pressure effectively and cope well with setbacks.
- Builds rapport: Easily establishes rapport and shares personal information to create common ground.
- Strives for results: Drives for results and focuses on improving performance outcomes.
- Strives for success: Gains internal satisfaction from accomplishing personal and business objectives and goals set by management.
- Exudes confidence: Projects an appropriate degree of self-confidence and personal capability to accomplish a task.
- Gains buy-in: Explores alternatives and positions to close new business and reach outcomes that gain support from all parties.
- Demonstrates curiosity: Has an underlying curiosity and desire to know more, taking the initiative to learn new information.
- Communicate articulately: Speaks and writes clearly and concisely, and demonstrates skill in using expressiveness to convey important points in verbal communication amongst everyone associated with Riviera Broadcasting.
- Builds customer loyalty: Focuses efforts on discovering and meeting customer needs and expectations. Ensures customer satisfaction by maintaining programs from start to finish.
- Reports: Accurately forecasts revenue to management and provides clear and concise recaps including proof of performance to clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Minimum (2) years of broadcast or media sales experience
- Proven track record for new business development and digital platform sales
Interested parties, please send resume and cover letter in confidence to Jill@mediastaffingnetwork.com
As a digital intern, you will learn the general functions of the digital sector of a radio broadcast station. We are looking for students who are interested in a learning opportunity; where they can extend education beyond the classroom while gaining valuable experience in the industry.
As an intern, you will also be able to learn the different aspects and logistics of radio, and how everything comes together. You will have the opportunity to work with other departments within the station such as programming , sales and promotions.
- Digital editing skills
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Sony Vegas, Premiere, After Effects or Final Cut Pro Adobe Suite)
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Experience with operating professional video equipment and sound equipment
- Knowledge of DSLR Camera’s
- Knowledge of Lighting
- Eye for artistry, detail and storytelling clarity
- Ability to take direction from Director to fulfill their vision of the final product
- Knowledge of pre-production, production, post-production and delivery methods
- Willing to take feedback openly with a positive attitude, while also being willing and able to provide creative solutions
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsibility’s Load required equipment for scheduled shootHelp digital team unload and build setsEdit video based on template or script providedAssist producers and creative team in pre-production and productionWork with digital team and creative individuals (Jocks) to produce high-quality visual contentMust be comfortable with directing people. Creative. Willing to work with others on the same creative project with ability to cooperate.Edit interviews, commercials, event footage, promo videos, and other duties as assignedCapture photos at station eventsCreate motion graphics, bumpers, and lower thirds.Operate professional portable video equipment and professional editing equipment
- Click here to apply for Digital Internship
*Riviera Broadcasting, an equal opportunity employer, is dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding job vacancies at the station. We seek the help of local Community Organizations in referring qualified applicants to our station. Community organizations that wish to receive our vacancy information should contact Human Resources at email@example.com or by calling 602-648-9800. In addition all listeners are encouraged to visit our online listing of job openings.